2.3 (b) Applicant has a degree in interior design from a program accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA); or applicant has a four-year degree in interior design accepted by NCIDQ; or applicant has a degree in architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB).
These applicants must meet the NCIDQ requirements for admittance to the IDQE
- Apply to NCIDQ in order to take the exam.
- After successful completion of the NCIDQ exam, complete a request and pay the prescribed fee for the NCIDQ transmittal of your examination record to the Mississippi IDAC.
- Submit an official copy of your university or college transcript to Mississippi IDAC (must be an official copy submitted to the IDAC directly from the university or college). The education must be verified through NCIDQ as meeting the NCIDQ education requirement. The transcript should be sent to IDAC, 2 Professional Parkway #2B, Ridgeland, MS 39157 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Mississippi Application for Certification and pay the application fee.
- You will be notified by email of any questions or if additional information is needed.
- You will be notified by U.S. Postal Mail if and when your certification is approved.