Advance permission to link to ms.gov is not necessary. Be aware that ms.gov subpages may change or be deleted at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to ms.gov are encouraged to verify link accuracy periodically.
Entities and individuals linking to ms.gov shall not capture ms.gov pages within frames, present ms.gov content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent ms.gov content. They shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of ms.gov content, or in any way attempt to modify the content and present it as the content of ms.gov. Some information on ms.gov may be protected by trademark and copyright laws and otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to the ms.gov site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to ms.gov without barriers. The "back" button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from ms.gov
This section outlines the criteria that external websites must meet to have a link from ms.gov. ms.gov reserves the right to link to external websites that would provide a service to the citizen.
External Web Sites
Upon leaving ms.gov and linking to an external site, the policies governing ms.gov no longer apply and users are subject to the external site’s policies. Questions and concerns regarding the information or services provided by a linked site must be directed to the entity or individual responsible for that site, rather than to ms.gov.
ms.gov links to federal, state, and local governments that provide information and services that benefit Mississippi citizens and businesses. At its discretion, ms.gov will consider link requests to non-governmental websites that contain information and/or services that further the purpose of ms.gov. Any link suggestion to ms.gov must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness with respect to ms.gov. Links are approved for ms.gov based on the following criteria:
- The external website corresponds with the purpose of ms.gov.
- The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of ms.gov and the site is not a:
Commercial site, which charges a fee for products or services online; (notices of the availability of publications by government entities that charge for the publications or notices of government sponsored conferences that charge a registration fee are not commercial sites and may be considered for linking.)
Site that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
Site that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol or tobacco;
Site that lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
Site belonging to or supporting a political affiliation; or
Site that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
Link removal suggestions should be sent to email@example.com. Each link suggestion should address how the site meets the two acceptance criteria outlined above.
Conditions for Link Maintenance on ms.gov
We require that links to external websites on ms.gov meet the following conditions in order to remain on the site:
- The linked site must provide the user with access to an email address and/or a customer service telephone number on every page of the site, in order for users to contact the site if there are problems with format, accuracy, timeliness, or payment processing.
- Linked sites should not excessively burden the ms.gov customer support system. If the site excessively burdens the ms.gov customer support system, ms.gov has discretion to remove the link from ms.gov. Any customer support resources required by ms.gov as a result of an external link on ms.gov may require a fee to maintain the link on ms.gov.
- When an ms.gov site visitor clicks on the external website link, he/she must have easy access back to ms.gov. One of two options can accomplish this:
A link to ms.gov can be established on the external website's main page; or
The "Back" button returns the user to ms.gov.
- Linked sites must have a privacy and security policy accessible from their home page informing the user of what information is collected, how it is collected, how it is used, and how the user can review and correct the information.
- Linked sites must notify ms.gov through its site Administrator at the email address provided below if the site to which ms.gov links becomes inaccurate or inactive.
- ms.gov reserves the right to remove approved links if they are inaccurate or inactive, or at any time violate any of these requirements.
Link suggestions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each link suggestion should address how the site meets the two acceptance criteria outlined above.
Linking Policy Contact Information
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, email us at email@example.com