- DATE: Friday, July 15, 2022
- TIME: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
- LOCATION: Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
2148 Riverside Drive
Jackson, MS 39202(Hinds, Co.)
- CEU VALUE: 0.5 CEUs from Mississippi College
- COST: $25.00 non-refundable registration fee, $0.00 cash or check due to Mississippi College on the day of the workshop if requesting CEUs.
- DESCRIPTION: Growing Up Wild and Free is an early childhood workshop with engaging lessons that help build on a child's natural curiosity of wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of hands-on activities and experiences, this workshop provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about nature all while instilling a sense of wonder and love of exploration. Growing Up Wild is a national early childhood initiative that builds literacy skills and environmental appreciation among early learners through participation in engaging wildlife-based educational activities. It is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains. This workshop is suggested for teachers that work with ages 3-7 but all educators are welcome.
- NOTE: Please bring your lunch and a reusable water bottle. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather as we will be outside for some activities.