- DATE: Thursday, March 18, 2020
- TIME: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
- LOCATION: Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
2148 Riverside Drive
Jackson, MS 39202(Hinds, Co.)
- CEU VALUE: .6 CEUs from Mississippi College
- COST: $25.00 non-refundable registration fee, $10 cash or check due to Mississippi College on the day of the workshop if requesting CEUs.
- DESCRIPTION: WOW! The Wonders of Wetlands is an instructional guide for educators that provides a resourceful and creative collection of wetland activities, information, and ideas. The workshop will introduce you to the three parameters of wetlands (vegetation, soils, hydrology), wetland functions and values as well as management options all through fun and engaging activities. WOW! incorporates wetlands into reading, math, social studies, art or physical education lessons. We will be incorporating WOW! lessons while exploring oxbows at LeFleur's Bluff State Park by canoe.
- NOTE: Please bring your lunch and a reusable water bottle. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather as we will be on the museum's trails and in canoes for a few activities. While we do not anticipate anyone getting wet, you may wish to bring an extra change of clothes and shoes just in case. Muck boots may also be useful but are not required. Safe COVID practices will be observed during the workshop. Masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times.