|License Type||Start Date||End Date|
|LSW||August 1 of your expiration year.||September 30 of your expiration year.|
|LMSW||March 1 of your expiration year.||April 30 of your expiration year.|
|LCSW||March 1 of your expiration year.||April 30 of your expiration year.|
- 40 continuing education hours (clock hours) which includes four (4) hours of approved professional ethics and two (2) hours of cultural diversity/multicultural issues/cultural competency.
- Additionally, if you are a Board approved LCSW Supervisor, at least 2 CE hours must be in the Supervisory category.
- Social Workers may also carryover a maximum ten (10) continuing education hours per renewal period. Carryover coursework must have been completed within six months prior to your current license expiration date. If you have complete coursework in addition to the required hours, your should enter it now in order for it to appear as carry-over credit at your next renewal.
- Any carryover hours you have form the previous online renewal period should be reflected in the CE portion of the online application.
You may not renew online if you meet either of the following criteria:
- LSWs that are renewing for the first time.
- LMSWs that have not previously held a Mississippi license.
Marriage and Family Therapists
August 1 to September 30 of your expiration year.Back to Top
- Twenty-four (24) continuing education hours (CE) are required for required for renewal. These hours must have been completed during the two years leading up to your current license expiration date.
- Four (4) of the required twenty-four continuing education hours must be in Board approved MFT ethics hours.
- Additionally, if you are a Board approved MFT Supervisor, at least 2 CE hours must be in the Supervisory category.