Instructions for Marriage and Family Therapist License Renewal
In most cases, Marriage and Family Therapists to whom a license was issued or renewed during the current licensing period may renew their licenses online.
The renewal period for Marriage and Family Therapists begins August 1 of your expiration year and ends September 30 of your expiration year.CE Requirements for Renewal:
- 24 Continuing Education Hours are required for renewal. These hours must have been completed
during the two years leading up to your current license expiration date.
- At least 4 of your CEU hours must be in the Ethics category.
- Additionally, if you are a Board approved supervisor, at least 2 of your hours must be in the
Supervisory category. You may complete your online license renewal without the Supervisory
CEUs, but you will need to submit this information to the Board in order to retain your
- License Number
- Social Security Number
- Any information pertaining to your CEUs for this renewal period (i.e., activity sponsor, course name, begin date, number of hours, etc)
- An email address is required for online renewal.
- Payments must be made by credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
- A United States billing address or a United States Armed Forces billing address is required for payment.