Instructions for Social Worker License Renewal
In most cases, Social Workers to whom a license was issued or renewed during the current licensing period may renew their licenses online.
You may not renew online if you meet either of the following criteria:
- LSWs that are renewing for the first time.
- LMSWs that have not previously held a Mississippi license.
Renewal Period for Social Workers:
|License Type||Start Date||End Date|
|LSW||August 1 of your expiration year.||September 30 of your expiration year.|
|LMSW||March 1 of your expiration year.||April 30 of your expiration year.|
|LCSW||March 1 of your expiration year.||April 30 of your expiration year.|
- 40 Continuing Education hours. These hours must have been completed
during the two years leading up to your current license expiration date. Of these hours, 4 must be in the Ethics category and
2 must be in the Cultural Diversity category.
- Social Workers may also carry-over a maximum of 10 hours from the previous renewal period. Carry-over coursework must have been completed within the six months prior to your current license
expiration date. If you have completed coursework in addition to the required hours, you should enter it now in order for it to appear as carry-over credit at your next renewal.
- Any carry-over hours you have from the previous renewal period should be
reflected in the CE portion of the online application.
- License Number
- Social Security Number
- Any information pertaining to your CEs for this renewal period (i.e., activity sponsor, course name, begin date, number of hours, etc)
- An email address is required for online renewal.
- Payments must be made by credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
- A United States billing address or a United States Armed Forces billing address is required for payment.