- How much does a license cost?
$10 per year.
- When does my license expire?
No matter when a license is purchased throughout the year, it will expire on June 30.
- Do I have to have an email address?
- Do I have to purchase a different license for each store I own?
- Who do I call if I have questions about an inspection or my license application?
- If this is my first time registering a store with the Department of Agriculture, is an inspector required to inspect my store before I can receive a license?
Yes. Go to https://www.ms.gov/mdac/retail_food/, click on "Register a New Company," and fill out all applicable information. Our office will then contact you with a Store ID Number and a date for inspection.
- Because my license expires in June, when may I renew my license?
Starting in May. You may renew your license during May and June.
- May I renew online each year?
Yes. You’ll just need your Company ID number and your Agent Zip Code. All of your other business information will be saved after the initial entry.
- Do I have to apply for a new license if my store has a change in ownership?
- Do I have to apply for a new license if my store has a change in physical location?
- What division is responsible for the regulation of retail food stores?
The Consumer Protection Division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce.
- Do I need a retail food store sanitation license if I cook food?
If you cook food, you will need to be licensed by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
In some cases, the Health Department and the Department of Ag. And Commerce share regulatory responsibilities.
- Am I required to purchase a license?
Yes. Miss. Code §69-1-18 requires retailers to purchase sanitation licenses for $10 each year.
- May I purchase multiple licenses at once for the same store?
- May I purchase multiple licenses at once for different stores I own?