Social Media Policy
ms.gov may make available social media applications, and may publish social media content to third party sites. These sites are not official ms.gov web sites and therefore, the external sites’ policies apply. Please refer to the ms.gov Linking Policy for more information.
Only public information is permitted to be posted by ms.gov or State employees on ms.gov social media websites. If communication that takes place on ms.gov involves or requires private information, communication will be redirected through other appropriate channels. Postings from the public on ms.gov social media sites become public record and may be posted on ms.gov.
No personally identifiable information will be posted on ms.gov social media sites by ms.gov personnel. ms.gov is not responsible for content posted by others to ms.gov social media sites. ms.gov users that enter personal information on ms.gov social media sites do so at their own risk; ms.gov is not responsible for the public display of such private information. ms.gov may remove postings to its social media sites that contain personally identifiable information, but neither ms.gov, nor its licensors or contractors are responsible for any damages caused by delays in such removal.
TERMS OF SERVICE
ms.gov social media sites are third party sites and have terms of service and policies that are not governed by ms.gov or the State of Mississippi. These third party sites are not official ms.gov web sites and the third party’s website terms of service and policies apply. The terms of service for the social media sites used by ms.gov can be found below:
CONTENT OF SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
All published ms.gov social media content is subject to monitoring. This content may take the form of digital text for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and photography images for Flickr.
User-generated posts will be rejected or removed if possible when the content of a post:
- is off-subject or out of context
- contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
- contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
- incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- contains information that reasonably could compromise public safety
- advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
- promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
Accessibility: To accommodate ms.gov users with disabilities, mobile.twitter.com is the suggested alternative access to the ms.gov Twitter profile.
Accessibility: To accommodate ms.gov users with disabilities, there are two suggested alternatives to access the ms.gov Facebook Fan page:
- The Facebook mobile site m.facebook.com is a suggested accessible alternative to the original ms.gov Facebook page.
- ms.gov will post the same content to Twitter and Facebook. Therefore, mobile.twitter.com will serve as an accessible alternative.
Accessibility: To accommodate ms.gov users with disabilities, the mobile version of Flickr m.flickr.com is the suggested alternative to access the ms.gov Flickr pool.
Record Retention: The following ms.gov Flickr photos will be archived and retained.
- Photos posted to Flickr by ms.gov.
- Photos posted by MS citizens and approved by ms.gov.
- Photos not accepted by ms.gov due to noncompliance with submission guidelines.
Content: By submitting a photo to the ms.gov Flickr pool, you are giving ms.gov permission to use your photo on the ms.gov website. For more information about photo submission guidelines, visit the ms.gov Flickr Group.